Monday, August 11, 2008

So Excited!

So today I discovered a really great chat group for lap band patients. (it is a cafe mom group). There were tons of before and after pics posted by people that have been banded. I got so excited. My dr. told me that the weight loss with the band is really slow about half pound to a pound a week. And I don't know anyone that has had it to ask so my dr is the only one I have to ask questions to. So I have been excited and okay with a half pound or one pound a week......would I like it faster? ....who wouldn't? but I think it sounds great. But I got so excited to read on this chat group from many women that are losing much much faster. Some of the before and after pics are only a month or two and you can see a difference in their bodies after only two months. I am so excited. One of the women posted a picture after a year. Wow! I was getting so excited. I can't wait.

For now I am doing well, I have my first weigh in this Friday with my nutritionist. I have to lose 21 pounds by December to be eligible for the surgery. So that is about 4lbs a month. I think I did it this month, but part of it is because I had my cast taken off. Even my nutritionist said last month, "next month's weight loss should come easy. All you have to do is get your cast removed." we both laughed. So I will let you know how I did on Friday. For this week I am trying to eat the best I can. And do whatever exercise my foot will allow me to do (lots of upper body exercises)

1 comment:

Monkey Momma said...

Hi I am from that Cafe Mom group and I also have a blog spot if you want to add me as a friend....Good Luck on your journey!!!