Tuesday, June 2, 2009

6 weeks and 24lbs down


The Day of surgery at the hospital. I knew it was official when I was sitting in the pre op room and saw my name on the board. I still could not believe that the day had finally come.




Day of surgery above and 6 weeks below


Day of surgery above and 6 weeks below


Day of surgery above
The camera battery died today before we could get a picture of my behind today. But I assure you that it is no smaller. Maelee keeps saying "Mom, I thought you had surgery to be skinny, but your butt is still fat."


This picture was taken while bowling with the family at my 5 week mark. I think this is first picture that has been taken of me in a long time that I did not hate. My face is still chubby, but I don't feel disgusted when I look at it. (that is Maelee's gang sign she is throwing up. Everytime we take a picture she says "$4 Yo!"

It has been 6 weeks since surgery. I am 24 lbs down. 15 of that was in the first week. So in 5 weeks I lost 9 lbs. That is about right on target. The goal is 1 to 2 lbs per week.......would I love more, Yeah, but who wouldn't? People keep asking for pics. When you have as much as I do to lose 24 lbs is not very much. It is just a drop in the bucket. I can't tell a difference yet. I did not want to take pics yet, but I am sure in the end I will like looking back at the changes and different stages of the loss. People say they can tell a difference in my face. I could tell a little difference in my face in a picture Scott took of me and the girls at the bowling alley.

So I am 24lbs down and a whopping 76 more to go....urghhh!! at 1 to 2 lbs a week it will take close to another year and a half. I want it tomorrow. But when I look at it at month to month and think by the end of the summer I could be close to 50 lbs down I feel pretty good about that possibility. Little steps and little goals. Right now my goal is to buy a pair of these jeans I found. I am going to a concert with my friend Maranda June 26th and I am hoping to buy a pair by then for the concert. I don't even care if I only fit into them for a month or two or three, I just need to set these little goals for myself to keep myself going.

8 comments:

Linsey F said...

You look great! I can definitely tell a difference in your face and mid-section! I am jealous!! :) Stay positive and I know you can reach your goal! Keep us posted!

Bobbi said...

Yup, you can tell in your face and mid-section! You look great... keep up the good work. A year will fly by!

jen said...

Yo! Hot Girl!!! You are delicious in every way! I have been noticing a difference every time I see you! I love yoU! Keep it up! I am here for yoU!

Sabra said...

Friggin' Awesome, Dude! I am so jealous! Love it!

Brian and Shara's beautiful family said...

you are so amazing to me! Way to stick to it Channon. It'll seem hard during the process but in the end you'll be so grateful! You look awesome, but I always thought you looked good. (honest truth!)

Cyndi said...

the last time i saw you i thought you were starting to show signs of weight loss. i love the bowling alley pic :)

i always loose weight in my butt last! it'll happen don't worry :)

The Harris Family said...

Yeah, I can tell too! Looking good! I'm still jealous! I just went back to weight watchers...blah, but I'm in so much pain lately I had to do something NOW! Keep up the good work! Your awesome!

Anonymous said...

I can totally tell Channon, I am so proud of you, you are awesome, just think, even though 1-2 pounds a week doesn't sound like a huge amount for yo-yo dieters like us, you are actually going to keep going down and not gain it back, so your yo-yo days are hoefully gone forever, when you think of it that way, 1-2 pounds is awesome when you realize you will probably NEVER see those same pounds again. I hope what I am saying makes sense, when I lose 1-2 pounds it is like oh, nice, but I know the second I eat something, they will be right back. Your situation is exciting because those 1-2 pounds will keep on coming off, keep up the great work, do you feel hungry?