Saturday, February 21, 2009

April 20th?????

I got my 2nd opinion on my psych consult and it went great, despite the kind of day I was having. I have been extremely emotional these past two months because of some events that have taken place in the last two months. So every time I get in the car by myself I start to cry as my mind thinks about tragedy, death and loss. When I dropped my kids off with my friend to watch so I could go to my psych appointment, I told her I was going to listen to only fun uplifting music on my drive and repeat positive thoughts so when I arrived for my appointment I would be calm and not walk in with blood shot eyes from crying. My plan almost worked. when arrived in the parking lot at the Dr's office I got some really bad news about the death of my nephews' father. I was so sad for them and almost left the parking lot and just drove home. I knew there was no way I could go into the office in the state I was in. But I went ahead and went in. I knew I needed to just get this done. I had shuffled the kids off to different houses and the dr's was a little trip away, I had to just go in and hope for the best that I would pass my psych consult. So I disclosed all info to the dr as soon as I entered his office because he could tell I was emotional. He asked if I wanted to reschedule, I told him rescheduling was way too hard for me and asked him to just go through it and hope that I could compose myself. We got through it and he was very nice! He was very patient and understanding of my situation and passed me with flying colors.

I called the surgeons office a few days later to tell them to throw out the first psych consult and make sure only the 2nd one got sent in. They said they never even got a first one. That dr. I first saw three months ago never even sent in her eval.....what a flake. She was very weird. She was more concerned with billing when I met with her. She kept talking about how she was going to bill it to the insurance as two appointments because it takes her an hour to write up the eval. she seemed to just be doing it for the money and not really to help people.

I asked the office when they thought I would hear back from them about insurance approval and get a surgery date. They told me my packet was incomplete........What????? incomplete? I thought I was done! They said I had two blood tests that had to be submitted. But they did give me some good news. They said that they would be me on the calendar for April 2oth then that way when I got my blood tests done and they heard back from insurance with a yes then I would have a date already. So I went and got my blood tests a week ago and I am anxiously awaiting a phone call from the surgeons office. Then I will go for some more pre op tests and appointments and my surgeory will happen on April 20th!!! Yay!!! Scott has already asked work for that week off. We are being very hopeful. And we are already making plans for what we want to do that week that he is off as I am recovering. We are planning to watch all of the episodes of Lost from beginning to current. We love that show and have followed it from the beginning but we are LOST right now and need a refresher course.

Last night I was at the store with Scott and had my eye on a few swimsuits I liked that hopefully by the end of summer I will not look too terrible in. Hopefully by August I might feel comfortable pool side. I hope!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your nephew's father, that is awful, glad you had a better pysch dr. the 2nd time around. I can't even image the roller coaster you have been on trying to get this all together. I hate how they make you wait for months after you make up your mind to do it!