Thursday, June 12, 2008

Waiting for 6 Months

So I got some bad news last week.....It will definately be later than sooner for the surgery. One of the requirements for insurance approval is to meet with a nutritionist once a month for 6 months. I have been meeting with one since January so I thought the process would be sped up for me. But the part of the requirement I did not know about is that in those same 6 months I had to see my primary care dr. once a month as well. I had seen my dr. 3 out of the 6 months.....urghh!!!! So it really will be 6 months and now I have to meet with a different nutritionist, one from the bariatric dr's clinic. I really liked my nutritionist Karen too. I will miss her. She was great....very patient with me and gave me a lot of her time. She was the one that recommended the surgery....thank you Karen. So I have all of my appointments set up with the bariatric nutritionist one for every month through to December and now I just have to make sure that I make it to my dr. every month or I have to start all over.

2 comments:

Sabra said...

What a pain!

Anonymous said...

Waiting for something like that stinks, goodluck though with your new nutritionalist