Sunday, June 1, 2008

When Food Is Love

"When I was eleven, I began dieting, and for the next seventeen years I spent the largest part of my every day thinking about what I wasnted to eat that I shouldn't eat that I didn't want. As I began spinning a world in which there were only two players, food and me...By the time I was twenty-eight, nothing mattered to me exept being thin..After reaching my natural weight...I discovered that it wasn't being thin I wanted, it was getting thin."

These are not my words, but they might as well be! I am reading a book called "When Food Is Love" by Geneen Roth. She has been battling weight her entire life and has written many books on the subject of emotional struggles with food. This book was recommended to me by my Therapist, Helen. I have been seeing a therapist since the end of March for my emotional eating patterns.

So why am I writing this blog about such a private matter? Number one reason is because I am not alone in this! I know others struggle the same way I do. And the number #2 reason is because I am getting what is called a lap-band procedure done some time this year....hopefully if the insurance company approves it. I met with the Dr. last week and I plan to use this Blog as my journal about my band...hence the title of the blog..Channon's Band..My lap band and my band on all food issues.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you will have a clean slate with the whole eating disorder, this will pretty much teach you how much your body needs or at least how much it can handle with the band. Also the best part is it puts an end to the yo-yo dieting. I am so excited for you!